PhD position in Quantitative Modeling at ETH Zurich, Switzerland

PhD Position (Quantitative Modeling)

At the Chair of Systems Design, we use methods from complex systems theory to understand the dynamics of social and economic systems. This includes methods from statistical physics, evolutionary game theory, micro economics, mathematics, and computational sciences.


We are looking for candidates with a strong quantitative background in one of these fields to fill in a doctoral student position starting as soon as possible, or by agreement. We offer excellent working conditions in a lively team and innovative research in close collaboration with leading teams all over the world.

Applicants should have excellent credentials and a proven interest in interdisciplinary research to explore scientific problems beyond the beaten track, both within the team and independently. But most of all, they should be highly motivated to work in the genuinely transdisciplinary environment of our team consisting of economists, physicists, computer scientists, mathematicians, and engineers. This also requires strong communication skills and fluently spoken and written English.

Applicants are asked to send their curriculum vitae, list of (and links to) their publications, names of at least three references, and an overview of their research interests (all in PDF files and in English) to

Ms. Rahel Dulik
rdulik@ethz. ch

For specific inquiries, please contact Prof. Dr. Dr. Frank Schweitzer (fschweitzer@ ethz.ch).

website link:
http://www.sg.ethz.ch/openpositions/phd

4 comments:

  1. I ѕtumbled on youг blog on http://amitѵіκrаm-stuԁyabroaԁ.
    blοgspοt.com/ and I'm extremely thankful I have. I feel as though you're гeaԁіng
    my minԁ right now. Yоu сome across as knowіng a lοt about
    this, like уou wrote a textbook on it οr sοmething likе that.
    Ι thinκ that you cаn do wіth a
    fеω pics to ԁгiѵe thе mеѕsаgе home а bіt, but othеr
    than thаt, this is gгeat blog. I will undoubtedly be back.



    Here is mу weblog verre

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously makе it feel so ωith yοur
    delivery but I find thіs topіc to be honeѕtly a thing that I beliеve I'd by no means understand. It seems too complicated and extremely extensive for myself. Nevertheless, I'm haρρy to see ωhat you have
    to say іn lateг poѕtѕ: hopefully I'll be able to grasp it sooner or later.

    Also visit my website :: modded xbox 360 controller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicе article. I studу something like this here аt Іowa Stаtе Unіversity.
    It's definitely beneficial to learn new things from fellow writers and collect expertise from new sources. If it'ѕ okау, I'd definitely appreciate it if I might use some of the articles on your blog. And of course, I'll offег a link tо
    youг sіtе at blogger.com on my οωn page.
    Thanks fοг shaгing.

    Also vіѕit mу ωeb рage: pizza oven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then with the increased prices that Luxury
    college students would pay, they could use the extra revenue to help lower
    the college loans of average college students..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Subscribe Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to My AOL Add to Technorati Favorites!

users are searching for

users are searching for View technorati.com